Ultimately, walking 30 minutes each day is a commitment that your whole body will thank you for. Although sometimes it helps to start things slow and build them up over time.
Here are a few tips to get you going:
- Start slow and short. Why not try walking 10 minutes in one direction – turn around and walk 10 minutes back.
- Wear shoes suited to walking (not heels or work shoes)
- Think about maintaining good posture while you walk
For further progress…
- Gradually increase your distance, speed and/or time.
- Vary your pace with fast and slow intervals.
- Park at the far end of the parking lot.
- Use the stairs whenever possible.
If you are in pain or suffering from an injury & live in Rouse Hill, Kellyville, Stanhope Gardens, Riverstone or the hills district please call 02 8883 2270 and see one of our Chiropractors at Rouse Hill Chiropractic.